Post Holiday Hangover

No, not the alcohol-induced variety. The one where all of the kids and company have cleared out and you survey the damage, to the house and to the wallet, and you decide no aspirin can alleviate this. Only a little Windex and a lot more shopping will do.

It was a good four-day weekend, one we shared with a young nephew in the Air Force, currently stationed in Arizona. We hit a coastal trail for this year's traditional post-turkey family hike, but I left my camera behind by mistake and now am awaiting photos I took with the phone cam to magically arrive in my inbox. They won't do justice, though, to the glorious day we had to walk the beach at low tide and then climb to the top of the Torrey Pines Preserve.

Hours after the college kids had left very early this morning for Northern California, I was doing a 'test run' of a 5-Miler I'd just created using Stepwhere.com. It's still very much a work in progress, but numerous homeowners along Christmas Card Lane already had their yards decorated, so it's a good sign that my group run on Dec. 22 will go as planned. Between now and then, each Saturday is packed with track club volunteering. I guess it's one way to get back into the swing of things.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?