The Tap is Where It's At

You do know it's uncool to drink bottled water now, don't you? I meant to mention this about a month ago, when I first read in the New York Times about those Manhattan moms who wouldn't be caught dead with a Dasani in public. Their reasons, if I remember correctly, were to be more green and reduce the (recyclable) packaging and transportation costs. There are also political groups working to dissuade the public from buying into bottled water, ever since it came to light that the most popular brands come from treated tap water anyway. Meanwhile, class action lawsuits have been waged and settled with major labels using so-called spring sources for their water, the biggest being Poland Spring (it's called Arrowhead on the West Coast). I haven't seen shrinking space for bottled water on grocery aisles yet, but if this thing gains momentum, I may wish I'd bought stock in Brita filters.

Here are some online resources:
Think Outside the Bottle
For Empty Bottles, There's an Afterlife
Fighting the Tide, a Few Restaurants Turn to Tap Water

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?