It's Gonna Take Some Time This Time

There’s only one thing more foolish than continuing to run a 6-mile loop around Coronado when your Achilles tendon feels like it's gnawing into your ankle. That’s missing a turn and going about 7 miles instead. Pictured below are me and Laura after we volunteered at yesterday's Balboa 4-Mile cross country race. We both worked the finish line and made such a great team that we again banded together on our misguided adventure during a super-solar-charged run this morning. We're having a heatwave, with triple-digit temps packing more humidity than usual for here. I guess we were lucky it was only in the 80s when we were circumventing the "island" with its multimillion-dollar neighborhoods and stingy sea breezes.

I returned home in bad shape, a condition that hasn't improved in the hours since. Rather impressive swelling and tenderness have yet to yield to the hourly icing and regular doses of ibuprofen. I’m willing to admit now I need to give it a real rest.

To keep me grounded, I just rented four DVDs. The sequel to Friday’s post also is due out any day now. Stay tuned.

[Photo below by Cindy Evans]

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?