Coaching from a distance
Just as my younger daughter has a far different temperment than her sister, so too does she apparently heal from oral surgery differently. The Vicodin that Elise never touched was requested by a tearful Alex two hours after she got home. The sutures are holding, fortunately. But no parent likes to see a child in pain. Thanks for the well wishes, everyone.
Meantime, I just stumbled on this NY Times health story about the use of "e-coaches." I've noticed that some bloggers use the term "coach" without personalization -- like "Today Coach said do 4 x 800 repeats...." It's made me wonder if they are seeking guidance from someone in person or online. This article is about the latter, which I think can be particularly useful to those living in remote areas. Interestingly, the runners cited seem to all train in metropolitan areas, including here in San Diego.
Meantime, I just stumbled on this NY Times health story about the use of "e-coaches." I've noticed that some bloggers use the term "coach" without personalization -- like "Today Coach said do 4 x 800 repeats...." It's made me wonder if they are seeking guidance from someone in person or online. This article is about the latter, which I think can be particularly useful to those living in remote areas. Interestingly, the runners cited seem to all train in metropolitan areas, including here in San Diego.