Ahead of the Bill Curve
Here’s a Fortune magazine piece reposted on the CNN site that talks about Bill Gates’ work habits, particularly when it comes to handling e-mail. I wrote this week about my own strategy for removing a lot of the noise in this mandatory mode of business communications. Glad to see Gates does something similar. And, hey, I don’t have any handlers to prescreen my mail for relevancy, and I do it all with one lousy laptop. I suspect one reason for the first-person report is because the next Office upgrade is going to feature a quite different Outlook that supposedly limits all the bells and whistles in favor of functions to actually save us time, rather than drain it.
And though Bill Gates stretches the meaning of ‘beautiful people,’ The New York Times today is reporting one theory on why attractive employees have a better chance at life, work and happiness. Particularly work. It’s ‘cause they’re gorgeous -- and they know it. Self-confidence is a huge selling tool. Apparently, even if you are a tool.
And though Bill Gates stretches the meaning of ‘beautiful people,’ The New York Times today is reporting one theory on why attractive employees have a better chance at life, work and happiness. Particularly work. It’s ‘cause they’re gorgeous -- and they know it. Self-confidence is a huge selling tool. Apparently, even if you are a tool.