Rock 'n' Roll Marathon: Status Check

With just a little more than a month's worth of training left, I'm feeling strong and starting to think I might PR after all at my 10th marathon. After a rough start due to extended illness, my body's responded well to the constant pounding and increased mileage. Ran 17 miles on Sunday and could have done more. This weekend is the critical 20-miler on a course that will take me from Sea World/Mission Bay to Point Loma to downtown to Balboa Park, Hillcrest, Mission Hills and Old Town.

The official marathon course has been changed, and I hope for the better. We run around the downtown area more, where it's relatively flat. Downside: We hit the dreaded 163 freeway, with its steeply sloped roads, farther into the race. The headliner band at the free concert is Pinback, a local duo with a couple of hits under its belt. And we'll be the first in the country to try the new Coke Zero beverage since it's the new title sponsor.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?