The Tour of California Returns to San Diego
Just learned that the Amgen Tour of California, the largest bicycle race in the nation, is returning to San Diego County after a four-year absence. The last time, the tour ended here (we went to the Rancho Bernardo start of the final stage and then loved watching the Tour de France style climb up Palomar Mountain on televison) and there was a massive turnout. Next May, it'll start here and run north to Santa Rosa.
I hope there's another great turnout so the Tour comes back. I know a lot of the star cyclists have been tainted by doping charges and convictions. It's still exciting to be part of a live event of this magnitude and I hope many of my fellow San Diegans will be there to support the cyclists during the first stage of a great race.
I hope there's another great turnout so the Tour comes back. I know a lot of the star cyclists have been tainted by doping charges and convictions. It's still exciting to be part of a live event of this magnitude and I hope many of my fellow San Diegans will be there to support the cyclists during the first stage of a great race.
