5 on the 4th

Just got back from a 5.5-mile run around Lake Murray in East County. There was a lot more activity than usual for that hour of the day due to everyone setting up for a 4th of July festival and people already getting dibs on prime park real estate.

I really struggled on this one. Maybe because I hadn’t run since Monday. Maybe because I ate an extra extra helping of my homemade onion rings last night. Maybe because I’m on the cusp of that time of the month. Maybe because I wore a flimsy white technical shirt and not-so-supportive sports bra. Maybe because I had to stop four times to use the facilities. Maybe because I didn’t sleep well.

Then again, maybe I just had a lousy run.

I'd heard about this woman marathoner who ran down a rapist last week. I'm not sure I'd have the strength to do the same, especially on days like today.

San Diego Union-Tribune: Woman didn't hesitate to run after attacker

Happy Independence Day, everyone!!

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?