More Than You Should Want to Know
Thanks, Steph, for tagging me.
Job's I've Held:
Restaurant hostess/server
Amusement park cashier and ride operator
Business manager
Newspaper, magazine and web journalist
College instructor
Adult Education and ESL teacher
Editorial director
Movies I Can Watch Over & Over:
Jaws
Small Change (and any other classic French film)
The Birds
Heartburn
Saint Ralph
Guilty Pleasures:
Long, hot, energy-wasting showers after a very sweaty run
Mochi ice cream
Rhianna’s “Umbrella”
Buying only one item and still getting the full 2-for-$1-off discount
The Young & The Restless
Places I Have Lived:
New York
South Carolina
Connecticut (2x)
Virginia (3x)
Ohio
Maryland
North Carolina (2x)
Alaska
Massachusetts
California
Shows I Enjoy:
Law & Order
House
Survivor
Project Runway
Top Chef
Lost
Barefoot Contessa
Vacation Spots:
Yosemite and New Hampshire’s White Mountains are my favorites. Then again, nothing beats Cape Hatteras/Ocracoke Island…except maybe Edisto Beach, S.C.
Favorite Foods:
Pizza
Gorgonzola-topped salads
Potato chips
White peaches and nectarines
Frozen grapes
Websites I Visit Daily:
Hotmail
SignonSandiego
New York Times
Craigslist (for job listings)
Body Parts I Have Injured:
Head (numerous cuts and at least two concussions)
Eye (scarred by errant finger poke)
Mouth (split open while rollerskating)
Tooth (knocked dead by same skating mishap)
Arm (sprained on the job)
Skin (too many injuries to list, but the stitches on my knees from falling on broken glass are the most impressive)
Hip (stress fracture from running)
Ankle (broken once during a fall, fractured once from running)
Knee (smashed in auto accident)
Foot (broken during fall)
Finger (broken playing kickball)
Toes (three of them broken on different occasions)
Awards I've Won:
In running? Numerous age group awards back when I was in better shape (i.e., thinner and less injury-prone). My favorite was a second place in the Tidewater Striders’ Northwest Distance Series (20k-30k-35k) one winter.
Nicknames I've Been Called:
I’m Annie to some. I’m something else to others.
Now I'm tagging:
Anyone who’s also injured, a bit bored and hasn’t done this one yet.
Job's I've Held:
Restaurant hostess/server
Amusement park cashier and ride operator
Business manager
Newspaper, magazine and web journalist
College instructor
Adult Education and ESL teacher
Editorial director
Movies I Can Watch Over & Over:
Jaws
Small Change (and any other classic French film)
The Birds
Heartburn
Saint Ralph
Guilty Pleasures:
Long, hot, energy-wasting showers after a very sweaty run
Mochi ice cream
Rhianna’s “Umbrella”
Buying only one item and still getting the full 2-for-$1-off discount
The Young & The Restless
Places I Have Lived:
New York
South Carolina
Connecticut (2x)
Virginia (3x)
Ohio
Maryland
North Carolina (2x)
Alaska
Massachusetts
California
Shows I Enjoy:
Law & Order
House
Survivor
Project Runway
Top Chef
Lost
Barefoot Contessa
Vacation Spots:
Yosemite and New Hampshire’s White Mountains are my favorites. Then again, nothing beats Cape Hatteras/Ocracoke Island…except maybe Edisto Beach, S.C.
Favorite Foods:
Pizza
Gorgonzola-topped salads
Potato chips
White peaches and nectarines
Frozen grapes
Websites I Visit Daily:
Hotmail
SignonSandiego
New York Times
Craigslist (for job listings)
Body Parts I Have Injured:
Head (numerous cuts and at least two concussions)
Eye (scarred by errant finger poke)
Mouth (split open while rollerskating)
Tooth (knocked dead by same skating mishap)
Arm (sprained on the job)
Skin (too many injuries to list, but the stitches on my knees from falling on broken glass are the most impressive)
Hip (stress fracture from running)
Ankle (broken once during a fall, fractured once from running)
Knee (smashed in auto accident)
Foot (broken during fall)
Finger (broken playing kickball)
Toes (three of them broken on different occasions)
Awards I've Won:
In running? Numerous age group awards back when I was in better shape (i.e., thinner and less injury-prone). My favorite was a second place in the Tidewater Striders’ Northwest Distance Series (20k-30k-35k) one winter.
Nicknames I've Been Called:
I’m Annie to some. I’m something else to others.
Now I'm tagging:
Anyone who’s also injured, a bit bored and hasn’t done this one yet.