This Be a Bit Embarrassing

About an hour ago, finally catching up on other runners' blogs, I saw I was tagged by Chicago's very own Bubba to participate in another meme. This one involved locating the nearest book and reciting a passage.

Why am I red-faced? I read this while at work and yet couldn't immediately cough up a book despite the fact, ahem, I work for a book publisher. I don't suppose anyone's buying that I just needed some professional distance from my work right now.

Fortunately, my work space appears to be the only room void of the requisite reads.

Here's how it goes:

1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
5. Tag three more folks.

The Uses of Enchantment by Heidi Julavits (Which is excellent, by the way, even if we didn't publish it.)

"Roz's earrings, long silver-tentacled things, reached nearly to her shoulders. One was tangled in her hair like a helpless sea creature suspended in a tuna net.

"Hello," Roz said.

Who to inflict next? Definitely Sandy down on the farm. She'll have a lot of books handy. And let's tag Janice, who's fixated on her feet these days. Finally, everyone should check out OC Runner Girl's blog and I've just provided the perfect excuse to do so.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?