Reading Redemption and Staying Abreast
Last time I was tagged for this, I was hard up to find a book within reach despite being at my work desk and despite me working for a book publisher. This time Beansprout's tagged me and this time I have a book right here with the binding barely cracked. It's a non-fiction book about our culture's obsession with cosmetic (versus plastic) surgery. I'm hoping to discover why I can't stop watching Dr. 90210 no matter how hard I try.
This is how it works:
1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
5. Tag three more folks.
Beauty Junkies by Alex Kuczynski
This is how it works:
1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
5. Tag three more folks.
Beauty Junkies by Alex Kuczynski
When surgeons can collectively grow tissue in the breast, Teitelbaum says, patients may face less risk than if, for example, they receive breast implants, which can rupture and cause complications and must also be replaced every few years. "When we can control scarring we can do operations we don't even think of now because of the massive scar formation," he says. Surely, a backlash against the artificial beauties will erupt.
So, now for the final step. How about tagging Laurie, since she's in grad school and presumably has already bought this semester's textbooks. Phil's going through taper madness in anticipation of a stellar performance at the Carlsbad Marathon here and might need something else to blog about while he's resting. And I'm curious if I'll be able to translate whatever The Black Knight has on a nearby bookshelf.