Guess silicon beats sand in this survey
The inhabitants of Silcon Valley are apparently on a healthier track than their post-dotcom economy. A new survey puts San Jose, Calif., at the top of the 50 healthiest metropolitan areas in the United States. Now, I’ve been to San Jose and I’m gonna have to take their word that it’s as great a place to decompress as these folks say. But you’ll never convince me that Oakland and Austin, Texas have any edge on Orange County and San Diego in the rankings. Both made the Top 10. I mean, Oakland? Home of rabid NFL fans that beat up people for fun? And Austin? Hot, sticky, bug-infected, buffet-riddled Austin? Apparently Kristin Armstrong’s campaign to help her hometown gain street cred is paying off, still.
And Boston beat out my adopted hometown, too, which strikes me as odd. I mean, I lived in that metro area for several years and found nothing stress-less about it. But look closely and the authors include New Hampshire and Maine, two of the mellowest states in the union. Talk about ballot-stuffing. I think I’ll stuff this survey in the bottom of the next non-fat vanilla chai I purchase at the corner Starbucks just after Pilates class.
And Boston beat out my adopted hometown, too, which strikes me as odd. I mean, I lived in that metro area for several years and found nothing stress-less about it. But look closely and the authors include New Hampshire and Maine, two of the mellowest states in the union. Talk about ballot-stuffing. I think I’ll stuff this survey in the bottom of the next non-fat vanilla chai I purchase at the corner Starbucks just after Pilates class.