The Big Chill
It happened again last night. After finishing the last track tempo workout of the season (3 x 12min with 2-minute recovery jogs between), I was invited to dinner at Luigi’s, a pizzeria nestled in a neighborhood of older bungalows and excitable pit bulls behind chain-fenced front yards. Good food and even better conversation surrounded the evening. On the drive home, I recounted only three, maybe four, inappropriate comments and/or monopolizing moments on my part. And I’m still not sure just what Lou meant when he said, “Anne, you’re looking healthier these days.” But I’m running with it. Thank you!
Normally, I take a post-run bubble bath or hot shower but because it was late and I was really tired, I changed clothes and went to bed. Only I couldn’t shake the chills, even cocooned in a thick comforter and warm room temps. This happens to me often and only after track workouts.
I’ve tried to research possible causes online, but so far haven’t found much in the way of explanations. These aren’t hypothermic chills from staying in sweaty clothes in cooler weather. I was dry and warm and still shaking hours later. These aren’t dehydration-related chills following a long run. And given I’d just had a huge slice of pizza washed down by two glasses of sugary Sprite, I doubt hypoglycemia is the culprit. These are post-run after-chills that I’ve experienced on and off for years.
Anyone have a similar experience? Ideas? Advice?
Normally, I take a post-run bubble bath or hot shower but because it was late and I was really tired, I changed clothes and went to bed. Only I couldn’t shake the chills, even cocooned in a thick comforter and warm room temps. This happens to me often and only after track workouts.
I’ve tried to research possible causes online, but so far haven’t found much in the way of explanations. These aren’t hypothermic chills from staying in sweaty clothes in cooler weather. I was dry and warm and still shaking hours later. These aren’t dehydration-related chills following a long run. And given I’d just had a huge slice of pizza washed down by two glasses of sugary Sprite, I doubt hypoglycemia is the culprit. These are post-run after-chills that I’ve experienced on and off for years.
Anyone have a similar experience? Ideas? Advice?