Guess I Still Got It

Just an update to yesterday's race in Mission Bay.

I finished 2/20 in my age group. The funny thing is the woman who won it ran with me until the last 3/4 of a mile. She asked if she could pace off me and I said, "Sure" and we then told "war stories" of running (and cycling, in her case) in the 1970s. So I knew she was around my age.

(And, counterintuitively, I run a little faster if I talk out loud, which is how I kept the quicker pace for both of us.)

My friends Deborah and Stephanie also did well. Deborah won her age group, though she was in competition with only herself. Still, there's something to be said for outlasting everyone just to get to the starting line at her age. And Stephanie came in fourth in her group.

"Good times" had by all this weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?