Wrong Side of the Moon

This morning as I headed out on a familiar running route, I thought the moon was all wrong. I couldn't recall seeing it just above the horizon where the sun would rise in another hour. I haven't been running much lately, but I have noticed it's darker in the morning and warmer during the day, currently 106 degrees outside my air-conditioned room.

Of course, the moon was in the right place. I wasn't.

Every once in awhile we all are hit by circumstances, planned or otherwise, that just throw us off our game. Could be bringing home a new member of the family or learning to live without someone. Could be a new job or new commute. Could be an unexpected trip, like to the doctor or Discount Tire.

I went to both this week. The doctor was for my husband, who has a troubling and mysterious foot injury. Then I was on my way to work when my front tire split. Add learning that a beloved member of the San Diego Track Club passed on top of an old friend's death and some pretty unrealistic work expectations and you've got all the makings of a meltdown. Which I maybe had at 5:35 a.m. along a row of darkened houses lining a surburban street.

Now all is right with the world.


Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?