 |
| Carmel Mountain Ranch |
Between my work life and medical appointments, I no longer have much time to socialize, even at 6:30 on a Saturday morning. Thus it was a special treat to be part of a holiday weekend kick-off with the Saturday Run/Walk Group that included a hilly and breezy course, followed by a wonderful breakfast hosted by friends George and Li at their beautiful home in Carmel Mountain Ranch.
Less than six hours before, I was lying in my living room as our daughter, who'd flown home for a bridal shower and bachelorette party, assessed my mobility, flexibility and stability since undergoing another round of physical therapy. I've definitely made a lot of progress from where I was more than two months ago, which was clinging to ice packs and ibuprofen as I waited for excruciating pain to pass.
My daughter works at a physical therapy clinic in Davis and was able to counsel me on other exercises and help me with some good stretches. I didn't pass the assessment as well as I might have liked, but neither did her dad. I'm just happy that all that college tuition is starting to pay off. Our other daughter in Sonoma finished her first year of teaching this week too, so there were all kinds of minor milestones to celebrate in our family.
 |
| Among the many pretty buildings we passed was the Carmel Mountain Ranch Country Club Clubhouse. |
George created a nice course that had a good mixture of hills to keep our heart rates up. Lots of nice residential areas and a country club golf course to add a little more greenery.
 |
Li had quite the breakfast spread waiting for us when we returned.
|
It was a great way to start the holiday weekend, and a great reminder of how good we have it when you realize how many military families are in mourning because someone did not return home from war. I'm grateful for all of the opportunities I've been given over the years, many of them because of the men and women who fought on our behalf. I think we all are.
 |
The gang wishing everyone a great holiday weekend.
(OK, they just posed for the photo when I asked, but they would wish you all a wonderful holiday weekend all the same.) |