A Pause, With Cause

First I was forced to bail on Friday night’s Ecuadorian-themed party and now, as I listen to the rain rushing through the gutters, I just let folks know I’m a no show for this morning’s group run. Worse, I’m starting to wonder if I can make tomorrow night’s Oscars party.

This is so not like me.

My lower back has bothered me for most of the week and now it’s starting to cramp my social life.

I’ve been doing research and have narrowed possible causes to the following:

(a) pulled muscle while rowing
(b) particularly painful PMS
(c) kidney infection
(d) cancer

I unsure if it’s my mind playing tricks or if the pain really does go away when I run, but yesterday I decided the aftermath no longer is worth it. So I’m taking the day off and demanding the other adult in the house do the heavy lifting.

By tomorrow the skies will be clear. My head will be clear. That stack of dirty laundry better be cleared too. Right now, though, can someone hand me that bag of chips and the remote?

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?