Next Time I'll Just Du It

After suffering through the night with a migraine, I decided to not join the others running around Coronado this morning. Instead, once I was fully recovered, I knocked down some tea and toast and headed to the gym for the first of my now-annual fall gym triathlons. I start with 20 minutes on three pieces of cardio equipment and work up to 30 minutes on each (our gym time limit) and then on gaining distance within each "event."

Today's stats:

Row: 3110 meters
Cycle: 5.5 miles
Crossramp*: 1.4 miles

*I am not sure what this piece of equipment is called.

I've been going to the gym twice a week to row, so that part was easy. So was the cycling, thanks to recent rides with Penelope. The tricky part was what to do for the third leg that didn't aggravate my achilles. The treadmill and outdoor track were out. The Stairmaster seemed like a stupid idea, so I settled on the elliptical trainer. Only the piece of equipment by Precor that I chose actually was a cross between an elliptical and a Stairmaster and thus I endured 20 minutes of aching and apprehension before it was time to stretch. Which, I admit, is better than 60 minutes of misery running around Coronado - my other option this morning.

I think for the time being, I'm going to instead do gym duathlons using the two different types of cycles and the rowing machine in between. You're welcome to join me.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?