If the Shoe Fits....

My non-running friends are really coming through for me this week as I continue to maintain a running blog without doing any running.

Sandy over at Painted Hand Farm sent me a piece borne from the Chicago Marathon mess, this one wondering if unusually warm fall marathons are here to stay and how best to prepare for them.

News Link: When the Heat Can't Be Outrun

Then this morning (and, yes, it's 3 a.m. as I type this), my friend Chris in Kodiak, Alaska, sent a piece about a British study of running shoes. It suggested expensive shoes may not provide any more cushioning protection than cheaper ones. The researchers do admit their work is limited in some ways, and it didn't really get into what kinds of shoes were used -- neutral, stability or motion control. My guess is since they were measuring the plantar cushioning, it was a stability or neutral shoe.

News Link: Low-cost training shoes just as good as expensive

And, finally, since I'm obviously having trouble sleeping these days, let me be among the first (few million) to congratulate Al Gore on winning the Nobel Peace Prize.

Popular posts from this blog

I Leave You With This

What's Your Slavery Footprint?

Do Mom and Dad Make You Run?