Alissa at A Runner’s Balancing Act honored me with a Beautiful Blogger Award. As with all memes, this one requires me to both think of 7 random things about me and then bestow the honor onto more folks.
Here’s part one, composed after an awfully trying Wednesday (when I couldn't say a word).
1. My sports coupe supinates. Runners should be familiar with that term for people who wear out the outside of their running shoes first. That’s me, and that’s my car, which had three bald tires and one overworked spare when I pulled into a tire dealership this afternoon. Second flat tire of the week, third in two months. There went my final unemployment check, and then some.
2. I loved this week’s return of “Lost.” I won’t say more in case you haven’t seen it yet.
3. I now work for a non-profit located in Hillcrest, a part of San Diego you can’t help but love for its quirks, cool factor and diversity. Today I passed a sign on my way to the tire place and said to myself, “That’s Wordless Wednesday material right there.”
4. I also passed a tiny front yard full of life-sized, rusting zoo animals at play and said, “Holy sh*t.”
5. Some days, nothing makes me happier than doing laundry.
6. Anyone who thinks California isn’t in trouble needed to stand with me at the Jamba Juice counter yesterday. I asked to buy a gift card (for the guy who put on my spare tire for me). The lone employee said they don’t accept gift cards, so they don’t sell them either. I politely mentioned that most people purchasing gift cards don't immediately use them on themselves. I then pointed to a flashing electronic ad on the register that says, “Got Gift Card?” Her response: "I guess we both know the answer to that question now, don't we?"
7. Not a day goes by that I don’t thank God for all the goodness in my life. And maybe the not-so-good days too.
Now for part two. I know a lot of you already have done this, so you may have to just do it once more.
Christine, because lists are what she loves best (besides Todd)
Todd, because I know his list will make me laugh
Asha, because she and I share a secret (beach)
Mindy, because she hasn’t blogged in a long time and she really is a beautiful person
Bill, because I just watched the wonderful documentary “Anvil: The Story of Anvil” and thought of him -- in a good way