Here's an excerpt on signs of exercise addiction that I found particularly thought-provoking:
Seven warning signs of exercise addiction are:
1. Always working out alone, isolated from others.
2. Always following the same rigid exercise pattern.
3. Exercising for more than two hours daily, repeatedly.
4. Fixation on weight loss or calories burned.
5. Exercising when sick or injured.
6. Exercising to the point of pain and beyond.
I’d be willing to bet that those of you who have completed an Ironman, or are currently training for an Ironman, can relate to the majority of these warning signs. Now ask yourself, is this by choice or necessity. If you still don’t think you are addicted to exercise, you’re kidding yourself.