I kept a few, but the rest are new. (And thank you, Taryn, for selecting me!)
25 Random Things About Me
1. I was born in upstate New York, grew up with a New England accent and then developed a lovely Southern lilt, which I kept much longer than expected in adulthood.
2. I am the oldest in an all-girl family. My husband had all sisters too. He was spoiled rotten; I wasn’t.
3. How is it everyone in California is getting IOUs from the state because it’s broke -- except us, who are just as broke but still owe the state?
4. My height, weight and birth date are all wrong on my driver’s license.
5. I was very lazy in kindergarten.
6. I used to hold my breath until I passed out in first grade.
7. I have terrible memories of a classmate with polio being trampled when the school rushed Santa’s helicopter in the second grade.
8. We moved again that same year and my teacher died in a car crash.
9. Third grade was such a relief.
10. I'm glad I raised children before Jenny McCarthy became a parent.
11. We moved in the sixth grade to a bedroom community of Baltimore. I thought it strange there was only one, ugly brick church and everyone in town went to it. Then I learned it used to be the rec center and most of Baltimore was Catholic in the 1970s.
12. They let us out of CCD early in seventh grade so we could see Rhoda marry Joe. This was a very big deal. (Oh, and Rhoda's sister on the show is now the voice of Marge on "The Simpsons.")
13. I was my dad’s classroom assistant during CCD in the eighth grade. My job was to tell him who in his third-grade class was falling asleep so he could come up behind them and call on them. Each boy or girl would wake disoriented and then awed that my dad could see through heads.
14. I'm working through a lot of issues right now. Money magazine is next.
15. Have you ever noticed that in almost every memoir, the author – provided it wasn’t ghostwritten –develops a special love of words and books? Well, duh.
16. My favorite movie last year was “Slumdog Millionaire,” which, I’ll have you know, I saw before all the hype. I have a sixth sense for these things.
17. Then again, I also am shamelessly attracted to disaster movies; the more “B,” the better.
18. I always feel better when I’m wearing navy blue.
19. I’ve forgotten what my real hair color used to be.
20. I made terrible grades in middle school; then made almost all A’s when I moved to Newport News, Va., for high school. Environment does matter.
21. Every time I think I’m overwhelmed, I consider the future life of Octo Mom.
22. I just booked my flight for an April vacation!
23. And finished Week 1 of the six-week 200 Sit-Up Challenge.
24. My favorite show this season is “Damages,” a legal drama starring Glenn Close as a ruthless litigator. It’s good television. You can watch episodes on hulu, too.
25. It’s raining, hard. I love running in rain, but this is soaking rain and I don't want to get sick again. What should I do?
OK, I have no idea who has and hasn't done this one, so if you are so inclined, create your own list and post it on your blog. Warning: don't attempt this while sick. You might come off bad.