The other week Kara tagged me to take part in a meme. I'm finally ready to make good on my promise to participate.
Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules. At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’ve been tagged, and to read your blog.*
*I need to research who hasn't been tapped for this one yet and if the omission is intentional. So that part of the list will be delayed until 'further notice.'
Having done these lists in the past, I decided to be truly random and just jot down the first eight things that come to mind.
1. I am watching The Young & The Restless as I write this. I've watched the soap opera on and off since it started in the 1970s. I even was around when they renamed the title of the opening and closing music "Nadia's Theme" after the Olympic gymnast Nadia Comaneci, who represented Romania.
2. I'm feeling intense pressure to join Facebook.
3. I swipe Tazo teabags from work, but only up to 1 per day. I'm sipping a pilfered Passion at the moment.
4. I bet I'm one of the only running bloggers that knows Nadia Comaneci was on The Celebrity Apprentice this winter. I know because I watched it every week. There, I admit it.
5. Those debilitating headaches are finally fading -- just when I'm scheduled to see the neurologist in about an hour.
6. My baby sister's having a baby herself today. He's going to be named Lucas John. Lucas John of Terrabonne. It has a nice ring, doesn't it?
7. Oh, you know that waterfront hotel that blew up in San Diego this week? My friends and I were standing right next to it the day before. I even suggested two of them use the restroom since they both had to go -- badly. They ended up at a liquor store across the street instead. I could never have forgiven myself if they both perished while going potty.
8. Growing up, I had a crush on the U.S. Olympic gymnast Bart Conner. I seriously thought someday our paths might cross and I'd leverage my middle school gymanstics experience to win his heart. Alas, he married Nadia Comaneci instead.